My Friends, My Pals, My Bestest Buddies!!

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Freebie Image Assortment and "Just Thoughts"

Quite an assortment for you today!  I actually remember having a phone almost exactly like the image here, where we had to take the receiver off and hold the cylindrical mouthpiece just right to be heard!!!
Uh, oh! Have I almost told my age?  More likely that was a very realistic dream I had one night.  I surely can't be that old!!  Or can I? 
My favorite of the 3 images today is the book with the white rose.  I think it looks very elegant and I hope you like it as well.  I also love the old ad for peaches grown in Georgia.  I hope you will find a use for them and let me see what you have come up with.

I am participating in an ATC swap at, of all things, Blissfull ATC Swap.   I would love it if you would pop over and take a look.  It is rather new and is growing by leaps and bounds.  I hate to admit I have only made one ATC.  That is pretty pitiful, but I was invited to participate so I was not about to refuse!!!  I will be posting the card I receive from my swap partner as soon as it arrives.  Isn't that fun? 
I am fascinated by old things.  They are so unique, so special in showing us a life different as we know it to be today.  What amazes me is that so many of the things that were done matter of factly back in the day  is now coming into a full circle and folks are calling homemade cleaners, making do with what you've got, living a more simple life, etc. "the new way"!!  The new way is the old way, the way my mom and grandmas cooked and cleaned, ran their house and their lives.  It works as well to day as it did then.  Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Be sweet!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are music to my soul!

 

Copyright © Back Porch Graphics.
Sweet Memories Theme created by WAHMaholic Blog Designs.